Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility


  • Marriage Licenses: More info, click here
  • Hunting & Fishing Licenses
  • Dog Licenses (see below for more information) & Kennel Permits
  • Handicap Permits: click here for application
  • Building Permits
  • Birth (1872-present)/Death (1888)/Marriage Records (1888).  If you are searching for a record we do not have, go here to contact NYS directly.

Town & County Taxes come out in January - if you do not receive your bill shortly after January 1st, please contact us to make sure we have your correct mailing address. 

Water & Sewer bills are quarterly and are sent our January, April, July and October.

The Town Board meets the 3rd Monday of each month at 7pm (except holidays), the public is welcome to attend.

For Home Improvements (inside of Milo, outside the Village of Penn Yan), please remember to speak with our Code Enforcement Officer to disucss any permits that may be required: 315-531-8042.

Register your dog(s) at Town Hall (137 Main St, Penn Yan).  Proof of Rabies required.  If spayed/neutered, please provide documented proof to receive a discounted rate.

Register for the STAR (School tax relief) through New York State.  If this home is your primary residence, apply online here or call 518-457-2023 weekdays between 8:30am-4:30pm.